- Assisting with the scoping, design and review of projects.
- Training, coaching and mentoring partners.
- Facilitating support to partners in the design and implementation of reforms.
- Carrying out assessments, political economy analyses and evidence reviews.
- Knowledge exchange through international visits, twinning arrangements and/or attachments into UK partner organisations.
- Operational management, including contracting and deployment of experts, the management of small grants and coordinating and hosting workshops.
- Providing monitoring and evaluation expertise and support, including capacity building, quality assuring results frameworks or Theories of Change and designing, managing and/or delivering independent evaluations.
Our work so far has contributed to changes in policy or practice within partner country institutions, with the potential for much broader impact in the long-term, as well as to how the countries work internationally, particularly with the UK.
- The technical assistance we provided to Egypt's Ministry of Education was critical to the development of a new education reform strategy and vision for the ministry. It also helped the ministry to access World Bank funding to pay for the reforms. (2018-2020).
- As part of our communication technical assistance to Egypt's Ministry of Finance (MoF), we have encouraged changes in the MoF’s communication practices for engaging with media channels to promote reform messages and communicate policies.
- In Tunisia we provided technical assistance to support how the country secures transformative investment from the private sector for positive economic and societal change.
- In Tunisia, the PMO Banking Study project made a series of recommendations, some of which were built into a World Bank project on digital finance that may lead to future changes.
- In Algeria, we undertook a context analysis that has enhanced the UK Government's understanding of the drivers of sustainable security and prosperity in the country (2017).
- Our analysis of UK-Morocco trade and investment produced recommendations for removing market access barriers and expanding the UK-North Africa regional trade (2017-2018 and 2019).
- In Libya, we have supported the Ministry of Planning (MoP) in developing and using the LCMIS system developed by Gai Soft. This has changed how the MoP coordinates donor activity in Libya.